Kathy McAfee is available to present a variety of longer format breakout sessions and seminars to enrich the take-away knowledge from your next meeting or conference.
The most popular breakout session programs include:
- Perfect Your Pitch
- Motivated Networking Follow-Up
- Power Up Your Communication: Vocal Power and Body Language Intelligence for Professionals
- Add Speaking to Your Marketing Mix
#1 Perfect Your Pitch
Perfect Your Pitch is a highly engaging, interactive seminar designed to bolster your confidence, enthusiasm, and most importantly, your results from your networking efforts. It will help you propel your career and business to the next level. Kathy McAfee, America’s Marketing Motivator, will help you change your attitude and actions around networking so that it works better for you. You will learn to think relationships (not transactions); think conversations (not sales pitches). You will also be introduced to the MR ABE 5-point criteria for polishing your elevator pitch content and delivery to help you start more conversations. It is all about striving to be more Memorable, Relatable, Authentic, Believable and Engaging when you “pitch” yourself. Come listen and learn how you can improve your elevator pitch and networking results.
Key take-away from the Perfect Your Pitch program:
- how to change your networking approach from transactional to relationship-based for better results;
- how to introduce yourself in a way that is more relevant and memorable;
- how to reduce the length and improve the impact of your elevator pitch;
- how to have more energy when you network with people in person or over the phone;
- how to be more authentic and believable when you network with new people;
- how to be more comfortable and confident when you introduce yourself to new people
- make new connections during our practice networking sessions.
#2 Motivated Networking Follow-Up
This program will help you overcome procrastination with follow-up and learn to act on your intentions in a way that will bolster your professional reputation, get more results and improve your relationships. Using the THERAPY model of networking follow-up, you will learn how you can be more targeted, helpful, efficient, reliable, accessible and personalized to achieve more. Networking exert and author of the book Networking Ahead for Business, Kathy McAfee will show you why going the extra mile in your follow-up can accelerate your success with people and business. You will walk away knowing who you should be investing your time with in networking and how you can do this in a way that positively enhances the relationships and future results. Your fortune is in your follow-up. Come learn how you can make more of it. (note: this is an excellent follow-on program to Perfect Your Pitch)
Key take-away from the Motivated Networking Follow-Up program:
- how to systematize your follow-up process so that it is more effective, fast and automated for you;
- how to add more personal touch in your networking follow-up;
- how to become more helpful to the people in your network without creating more work for yourself;
- how to expand your sphere of influence using a targeted networking strategy;
- how to be more visible and easily findable on-line and off-line;
- how to have more fun with less work when you follow-up.
#3 Power Up Your Communication
To be effective communicators, professionals must not only strive to be articulate, but also to be more aware of and in control of their body language and vocal delivery. Research studies indicate that over 90 percent of what’s being communicated in face to face situations is influenced by visual and vocal factors. In this program, you will be learn how to leverage the full range of your vocal dashboard and how simple changes in your body language can help you communicate more effectively and have greater influence at work and in the community. Create a more commanding presence for yourself by learning to put more power into how you communicate your thoughts and ideas to others. (note: this program can be specifically tailored to Women; otherwise, it is very appropriate to mixed groups)
Key take-away from the Power Up Your Communication program:
- how to manage your body movements in the moment and what you are signaling unconsciously;
- how to read other people’s body language more accurately and adjust yours for a better outcome;
- how to expand your vocal influence using the dials on your own vocal dashboard;
- how to avoid Upspeak and other distracting vocal speech patterns
- how to achieve a commanding presence with your verbal and non-verbal communication;
- introduction to NLP techniques to adjust your thoughts, feelings and physiology in the moment for better outcomes.
#4 Add Public Speaking to Your Marketing Mix
Public speaking is an excellent marketing strategy to grow your business, brand and reputation. It can help position you as an expert in your field and help you gain valuable new leads and referrals. It can even land you new business. Executive presentation coach and national speaker Kathy McAfee will share her personal marketing secrets on how you can leverage your knowledge and speaking ability to reach, educate and motivate larger and more influential audiences.
Key take-away from the Add Speaking to Your Marketing Mix program:
- how to choose a “hot topic” and structure your talk in a way that educates and engages your audience;
- how to title your talk to increase the number of speaking gigs;
- how to pitch yourself as a public speaker and co-market your talks with the people who book you;
- how to build a community of like-minded thinkers and build your list with every talk;
- how to get the feedback that you need before you leave the room;
- why speaking for free can be very profitable;
- what you must do and must have to market yourself effectively as a public speaker.