- Have you ever felt awkward or uncomfortable networking or following-up with people you’ve recently met?
- Would you like the tools, strategies and motivation to do it with confidence and gusto?
- How can you create more fun, fulfillment and freedom in your life by better leveraging your personal and professional networking?
Now more than ever your best investment is in building your professional network. Listen to this stimulating conversation about how you can create a robust professional and personal network that works for you.
Kathy describes that the real purpose of Networking is Relationship Building – a purposeful exercise to build mutually beneficial relationships. That’s an interesting perspective given all the 1-way “transactional” conversations you might hear when you go to a networking event. Or, think of all the requests on Twitter or Facebook to click here to buy now – without the relationship first. (This is one of the biggest mistakes people make.)
Kathy gives you a new perspective on networking and shows you how it can help you realize more fun, freedom and fulfillment in your career, business and life.
Kathy lays out the basics of networking for us, and points out that many of us are happy to help others but few have the courage to ask for help.
Here are two exercises to consider doing now that will help you determine the power of your network.
1) How many people do you know? List them all out – break this up by category if it helps you, such as work, family, college, neighbors, etc. (Note: this is not the number of friends on Facebook or Twitter, but real people you know by name.) Did you come up with more than 250? If yes, you’re doing pretty well.
- Get started by downloading this worksheet My World_networking master list
2) Who are your top 50 people – the influential people in your network who are motivated to help you out?
Catch the details of this interview and discover how easy it is to become a powerful networker!