How well you do your follow-up (or not) can either build up or tear down to your professional reputation.
“In many ways, you are your follow-up. It’s an observable example of what it’s like to work with you and/or be your friend. How you follow-up with networking leads and connections is a demonstration that you’re worthy of future investment (or not)” – Claudia Lindsey, Marketing Executive
Are you falling short in your follow-up?
Here’s a program that just might do the trick for you and your team.
Motivated Networking Follow-Up is a new addition to our networking skills training series. The first program is the very popular Perfect Your Pitch.
Click here to download the free 18-page booklet for the Motivated Networking Follow-up program.
Both Perfect Your Pitch and Motivated Networking Follow-Up programs are available in the following formats to suit your meeting needs:
- Motivating keynote talks and break out sessions to kick off your meeting or conference by professional speaker, Kathy McAfee
- 90-minute motivating lunch ‘n lead seminars for your team (facilitated discussions in a casual brown bag environment)
- 2 hour motivating seminars for groups of 50-200
- 1/2 day training workshops for groups of 10-30
- combine both programs for a full day training experience for groups of 10-30
Click here to purchase a digital download copy of this program . The audio CD contains 48 minutes of sound advice and butt kicking motivation from Kathy McAfee. All for only $9.99!
Your fortune is in your follow-up
If so, this program can help you! The key message in the Motivated Networking Follow-Up program is that if you want more value from your networking investment of time, money and effort, then you must create a systemic approach to their follow-up.
We then motivate and enlighten your participants to create a networking follow-up system that meets the following 7 criteria. Your networking follow-up must be:
- Targeted – decide who you are going to invest your time in. While everyone has value; you must strategically choose with whom you will spend your time and energy with;
- Helpful – your follow-up helps to solve their problems and creates value for other people;
- Efficient – your follow-up is easy to do and it works for you and the other parties;
- Reliable – they can count on you to do what you promised that you would do in a timely, fashion and consistent manner;
- Accessible – you are in their life; you’ll be there for them. You reach out on a frequent basis and are visible and available to them (on-line and off-line);
- Personalized – your follow-up makes them smile and they know that you care about them.
- Yippee – You must strive to have fun with your networking and follow-up; otherwise it will be different to maintain the positive motivation to do it!
Te first initials of all of these 7 concepts spells out THERAPY. In many ways, effective follow-up is like therapy to your networking relationships.
What are people saying about the program Motivated Networking Follow-Up?
“During a networking lunch meeting yesterday with a new contact, I was told that I am now considered one of the top networkers by a mutual set of contacts. You should know, this is not a label I have had attributed to me before – and certainly a result of your .” – Mark Yaphe, CEO, ExecuThink
“I found your session to be very transformative in my way of thinking about networking. I took your suggestion and acted quickly, exchanging cards at the Schmoozer’s network event. I then did immediate follow-up, which felt very productive and ‘soulful’. Connecting to people in meaningful ways is, indeed, superior to transaction dealings only when one needs or wants something. I have told a couple of people about how much your presentation impacted me and I indicated that it will make me a better person, and hence ultimately a better employee.” – Leslie Adler, CT
“In just 20 minutes, Kathy McAfee gave me at least 6 valuable tools I believe will be a ‘game changer’ in the way I manage my networking relationships.” – Stephanie Abrams, Executive Producer, Media Connections
“Kathy gave our chamber a clear, concise presentation on Motivated Follow-Up that has inspired me to move forward toward networking and finding the people who will help my business grow. Thank you, Kathy.” – Kim Bova, Kim Bova Photography
“I loved the session. Kathy makes you see the importance of networking and how following through with your contacts can create magic for your business.” – Ileana Sybert, Realtor, Coldwell Banker.
“I attended both of your sessions today (referencing Perfect Your Pitch and Motivated Networking Follow-Up). I feel like a light bulb went off and cleared the process for me.” – Mary Beth Berrien
To bring the program Motivated Networking Follow-Up to our team, group or meeting, please call Kathy McAfee at (860) 408-0033, email her at Kathy(at)MarketingMotivator(dot)net or connect with Kathy on LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathymcafee.