Why can’t we LOVE our work? Why can’t we LOVE the people we work with? Why can’t we LOVE the process of networking? Why can’t we show LOVE to the people in our network who have helped us grow both personally and professionally?
6 suggestions of what you might do to express your LOVE to the people in your business network:
1. Telephone key members of your Top 50 contact list and tell them in your own words how much their friendship and networking support help has meant to you. Wish them a Happy Valentine’s Day and tell them that you’d LOVE to get together with them for coffee or lunch.
2. Send a personalized greeting card to someone in your network that pops into your head right now. Try out the SendOutCards system of sending cards and gifts to people in your personal and business life. Click here to send a card using the SOC system. (Note: you may just fall in LOVE with SendOutCards as I have and decide you can’t live without it!)
3. Purchase a Dunkin’ Donuts or Starbucks gift card and mail it to someone in your business network this week. Invite them to use it to have coffee with you soon. That’s 5 bucks worth of LOVE…and they’ll love you for it!
4. Think about the people that you LOVE to work with and write them a recommendation on Linkedin.
5. Think about the books that you LOVE to read and recommend to others all the time. Now write a customer review on Amazon.com and send the author a little LOVE and appreciation. Read the customer reviews posted on Amazon.com from the kind people who read my book Networking Ahead of Business (Kiwi Publishing). I LOVE each and every one of you- thanks for writing your review!
6. Send the sweetest gift of all –the gift of helping others. Kiva, a global micro-finance non-profit organization, helps connect borrowers around the world with lenders, like you and me, who can help them. Kiva’s mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty. Show your special someone that you really care by sending a Kiva Card to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Be part of a global network that embraces a common purpose of hastening global peace in $25 increments. You’ll LOVE how that makes you feel.
Your networking GOAL for this week:
Reach out to at least 3 people in your business network this week to express your LOVE for them. Find more creative and direct ways to 1) tell them; 2) show them; 3) treat them; 4) do something in their honor; or 5) give them something that lets them know how much you value them and your relationship.
p.s. I’d LOVE to hear what you think of this week’s networking tip. Share your thoughts with me on my facebook page- NetworkingAhead.com/facebook