Princess Bola Adelani, who I met in networking and who graciously reviewed my book manuscript (it’s good to have a royal endorsement on the back cover!), encourages all of us to value, care for and to invest in ourselves. This self-care philosophy will help you to build and strengthen your people bridges – that is, your connective power.
In a recent TV interview she and I spoke about the importance of caring for yourself and valuing yourself and how that would help make you more effective in networking. This particular statement stood out to me:
“You are only as powerful and as successful your people network. You are only as influential as your people network. Everything is about connections and people.” – Princess Bola Adelani, The Total Success Coach and CEO of Royal Proclamations
Your networking GOAL for this week:
Rise above your current circumstances this week and make it your goal to HELP as many people in your network as you can. (at least 10 people – that’s 2 people per day, Mon-Fri)
Ask them what they are working on, what challenges they are facing, how specifically can you help them. If they ask for help in an area that you clearly have no expertise, think about WHO in your network (someone you know) that could potentially help them. Offer to make that introduction and then act on it!
Inform them about an upcoming event that you’ll be attending, that might be good for them to attend. Loan them a book or other resource that they would enjoy and find value in. Listen to them – now that’s invaluable!
Other valuable things you can do to realize how much VALUE you bring to the table in networking:
- Watch 60-minute interview special on Princess Bola’s TV show Inspired Success
- Read this blog article from Seth Godin on Pricing Power – it’s priceless!
- Download a pdf and MP3 file containing a sample chapter of my book on Social Reluctance and other Roadblocks that get in your way of better networking.
- Check out my new program entitled Networking Ahead for the Reluctant Networker.
- Share your thoughts and experiences in networking on our Facebook page- NetworkingAhead.com/facebook