This page is designed to give you additional tips and insights to help you advance your presentation skills and confidence. Please take your time and take as many of these good ideas as you can use. Share them with others that you care about.
- If you need more immediate help, please check out our presentation skills training workshops and 1:1 executive presentation coaching services from Kathy McAfee.
- How can I better plan and prepare my next presentation? Download the Clean Sheet Thinking_pre planning tool for presentations and plan your next presentation in less than 30 minutes. This tool will help you prepare in a way that is faster and more focused than ever before (word document file for your convenience)
- Download this 10 page mini workbook to help you master the Power of Personal Narrative
- Download and use the 3-part story telling template to ensure you can tell your personal narrative in a succinct and powerful way 3-part story telling template
- Never tell your whole life story. Read this blog article about the art of the short story.
- How do I organize my presentation content for best results?
- What kind of presentation opening and closing should I use in my upcoming presentation?
- NLP Representational Systems_Power of Words
- How can I use my public speaking skills to advance my career? Consider putting yourself out there as a public speaker to grow your visibility and reputation. Download this article for some quick start advice: Article _Speaking for as a Marketing Tool to Grow Your Business and Reputation
- How can I ask for and get feedback that I can use? Highly useful feedback form for your seminars, workshops and presentations. Download and customize this Sample Feedback Form for seminars workshops and presentation
- What common mistakes should I be aware of and avoid? Read more http://marketingmotivator.net/resources/free-stuff/presentation-pitfalls/
- How can I be more creative and engaging in my presentations? Find out why you should go PowerPoint-FREE with Article_ Don’t Bore Your Audience_ the key to engaging presentations
- Presentation Tip: leverage the 7-38-55 Rule of Communication – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhZEjTuOfwQ
- Presentation Tip: overcome presentation anxiety with this NLP technique – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdqReJxJRA0
- Presentation Tip: increase your eye contact with your audience – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wShaW8g7OVE
- Presentation Tip: breathe with your mouth closed – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9EhvdFdntg
- Presentation Tip: don’t put yourself off-balance – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9dx0lcjW5U
- Presentation Tip: use your voice more effectively – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8neagu5wBA
- Presentation Tip: what to do with your hands and facial expressions – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf2S8hOMWPk
- Why should I spend time, money and effort improving my presentation skills? Why are presentation skill so vital to your career? (1:43)
- Building your confidence and putting yourself and your ideas out there as a presenter. Watch the video below and take a lesson from Andy Warhol:
- Why you should build rapport with your audience before, during and after your presentations. Watch the video below:
- VIDEO: How to use props and metaphors in your presentations. Watch this video example
- Video interview with Kathy McAfee on the Key to Becoming a Powerful Presenter (2:04)
- Available for purchase as a digital download – Stand and Deliver: YES! You Can Excel at Presentations. 73 minutes of audio training instruction from Kathy McAfee. Includes four downloadable templates for your use in planning and preparing your next presentation.
For other resources and tips to help you in other facets of your business life
- Presentation Skills Training and Coaching workshops for your team – http://marketingmotivator.net/training/presentations/
- Networking and building professional relationships. please visit our web site Networking Ahead for Business – sign up for the weekly business networking tips
- To hire a dynamic, engaging keynote speaker for your next meeting, please visit our web site Motivated Speaker