Polish your networking introduction with the help of MR ABE
MR ABE provides a 5-point criteria to help dial up the messaging and delivery effectiveness of your networking introduction, elevator pitch or “30-second commercial” as it is sometimes called.
Test your current elevator pitch or networking introduction by taking it through these five discerning points. If you can dial up any of these five factors (or all of them), you are well on your way to becoming a more confident and effective networker.
It is all about striving to be:
Memorable – something you say must stick. They will never remember your whole life story, so don’t attempt to tell it. Decide ahead of time how you want to position yourself. What you want to stand for. Single-mindedness…it can really make you memorable.
Relatable – or relevant. the other person must be able to relate to what you are saying. Don’t make them work so hard to understand you. Find the common ground between you to start the conversation. LISTEN to the MP3 sampler below.
Authentic – you must be comfortable in your own skin. Find your passion and share it.
Believable – you must be credible in their eyes. People can smell a fake.
Engaging – you must bring energy into the networking discussion. Don’t be the living dead.
Remember to get feedback from others after you give your elevator pitch. Here are some good questions to ask:
- What do you remember about what I just said? (just listen to what they recall)
- What could you relate to?
- When did you tune out or stop listening? What made that happen?
Listen to these sample audio tracks from Perfect Your Pitch
Track 4: Meet MR ABE (1:34 minutes)
Track 6: The R Factor – relatable (5:12 minutes )
Hear the entire audio program, by purchasing the Perfect Your Pitch in digital download form at our online store. Narrated by Kathy McAfee and including original music from Mark Shepard
Download the free workbook
Need more help perfecting your pitch?
Three ways we can possibly help you:
- Bring networking skills training with Kathy McAfee to your workplace or group
- Improve your professional skills through self-study programs by purchasing one or more of our audio training programs available at our oneline store.
- Work with you 1:1 to perfect your pitch. Call Kathy McAfee at (860) 408-0033 to set up an appointment.