How believable are you? The B factor is one of the five elements of MR ABE to help make your networking efforts more successful (not to mention your success in job interviews, giving presentations, and just about any other professional situation you might encounter).
Believable is the flip side of the coin of authenticity (see earlier blog post on the A Factor from February 20, 2009). It determines whether people think and feel that you are credible. It’s the external belief in you.
[audio:http://www.kathymcafee.com/wp-content/audio/The B factor 2009.mp3]
Consider these questions…
- do you look and act the part?
- do you have the credentials?
- are you able to build rapport with people so that believability is even possible?
- how are your listening skills?
- do you project confidence in your voice and posture?
- are you able to make meaningful and appropriate eye contact or do you look down or scan over people’s heads?
- does your voice carry power or do you end all of your sentences in an upward pitch and create doubt in what you are saying just by how you are saying it? That can be a real credibility killer!
The reality is that you can’t control what other people think of you; but the good news is that you can influence it. By learning to better leverage your verbal and non-verbal communication skills, you can go up a few notches on the believability scale, even in the skeptical world that we live in.
To learn more about the B factor and help you perfect your pitch for greater career and business success, check out the professional networking skills training products and services offered by America’s Marketing Motivator. Yes! You can become a more motivated and successful networker!